The Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center (ABRC) is a US National Science Foundation and user-supported stock center that serves the Arabidopsis community by collecting, maintaining, propagating and distributing various resources of Arabidopsis thaliana and related species for research and education. The Center continues to distribute close to 100,000 stocks annually to more than 60 countries worldwide. The holdings of the Center approach one million stocks of different types (e.g. seed, clones, vectors, libraries, cell cultures, protein chips, education resources). The collection has been sustained and continues to expand thanks to an effective community-based stock donation mechanism.
ABRC is seeking applicants for the position of Associate Curator. The successful candidate will work together with a team of curators, database developers and the database manager to curate stock-related information for Arabidopsis community as described below.
• Read stock donation-related research publications and extract scientific information in order to populate existing and to be developed databases
• Participate in data management processes such as data analysis and data exchange with other databases
• Identify stocks to be targeted for donations, following a number of existing criteria
• Answer community tech- and stock-related questions
• Assist with financial operation of ABRC as needed
• A BSc in Plant Biology, Plant Genetics, Plant Biochemistry or related field
• Basic molecular biology research experience
• Critical thinking and versatility skills
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and team player skills
• Previous research experience with plants, ideally Arabidopsis
• Ability to understand and interpret scientific publications
• Ability to provide high level of customer service
• A MSc in Plant Biology, Plant Genetics, Plant Biochemistry or related field
• Database experience
Please apply at The Ohio State University job website.